Simon Peter said: “Depart from me Lord, for I am a sinful man.”
Jesus said: “Do not be afraid.”
Pope Francis said: “I am a sinner” and “At times I surprise myself by thinking that a few very rigid people would do well to slip a little, so that they could remember they are sinners and thus meet Jesus.”
Bishop Kettler said: “We need to pray together as a diocese in support of a culture of life; ask for forgiveness for the times we have contributed to a culture of violence and commit to actions that promote peace, and mercy, and justice in our families and our communities. The Minnesota Catholic Conference said: “As a child of God we each have an opportunity to help satisfy the justice of God by making reparation for our own sins and for the sins of others.”
· Pray an Act of Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
· Spend an hour in Adoration with the Blessed Sacrament.
· Pray a Rosary, or even a decade today for someone who has hurt or disappointed you. And ask for the grace to forgive that person.
· Make a “quiet hour” today, turning off all electronic devices (cell phone, iPod, computer, television, radio, video games” and your Father who sees you in secret will repay you” Matthew 6:6.
· Smile. Ask God today for the grace to be extra joyful and show your love for Christ with those who most need that encouragement today. And who is going to do these things? Isaiah the prophet said: (and we should too!) “Here I am Lord......send me!”
Have a peaceful week,
October 17, 2020
A July Faith Formation Series – Part IV – APOSTOLIC